In this article, we will cover the business setup in DMCC free zone.
The Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) should be your top option to start your company in Dubai. DMCC won the coveted title of ‘Global Free Zone of the Year’ by the Financial Times fDi magazine multiple times.
In case you are interested:
DMCC Free Zone Statistics
DMCC has more than 14,000-member companies with 100,000 people from over 170 countries who live and work in its Jumeirah Lakes Towers district. It is home to world-class business services, state of the art infrastructure and a thriving community which make it attractive to any business starting in the region.
Business incorporation at the DMCC is very simple. Before you decide to start the process, you can use a handy online calculator that tells you about the costs involved in launching your business.
DMCC Online Portal
You can complete almost all the steps of the company set up through the DMCC online portal. For simplicity, the free zone only requires one visit to their office at Almas Tower to sign documentation. To make sure you make the most of your visit to the DMCC, we recommend you work with a business incorporation specialist to double check all the paperwork required by the authorities. Once complete, your new company should be up and running in a matter of weeks.
Steps for Business Setup in the DMCC Free Zone
So here are detailed step by step instructions to starting your business in the DMCC free zone
Step 1 – Legal status of your company
- LLC – newly formed entity with single or multiple shareholders
- LLC – wholly owned subsidiary of a local or foreign company
- Branch of a local or foreign company
Step 2 – Select the business activities of your company
- General Trading License – Allows you to import and export a variety of products. Ask us for details on what you are not allowed to trade under this licence.
- Commercial Trading License – Allows you to import and export a very specific set of products.
- Service License – Allows to carry out consultancy or service activities
Step 3 – Select a company name
Step 4 – Submit a complete application. We are providing details for a company with individual shareholders (rather than corporate shareholders) as the documentation can slightly vary depending on the jurisdiction of where the corporate entity is incorporated.
- Signed application forms
- Shareholder’s details.
- Proof of address
- Passport copy
- NOC if you are a UAE resident
- Specimen signature
- Bank share capital letter
- Business plan
- Lease agreement if you are getting a physical office
- In some cases, third party approvals for regulated activities.
Step 5 – Appoint a DMCC approved auditor for your company once you receive your business license. You may now commence trading and start the process to hire staff.
Start Business in DMCC Dubai
So contact us today on how we can facilitate the process for you to start a business in the DMCC free zone. The DMCC has recognized us for our expertise and the volume of companies that we have launched within this free zone. Our experts will make sure that you can focus on your business while we take care of all the administrative aspects.
In conclusion, don’t wait to become a part of the thriving DMCC business community.